Thank you for your interest in our animals that are currently available for adoption. Please contact the foster person for the animal you are interested in to find out more about them. Their contact information is listed in the Petfinder bio.
Tuba City Humane Society Adoption Application Form or Online Adoption Application.
If you are interested in one of our animals, please fill out and submit the online adoption application, which is automatically emailed to us when you submit it. We will make contact with you within a day or two after your submission. Filling out the adoption application does not obligate you to adopt from us, but it lets us know that you are interested in the next steps and assists us in starting a conversation with you. We require an adoption application prior to arranging a meet and greet.
Steps Towards Adoption
- Contact the foster person of the animal you are interested in and get your questions answered
- Find out if your family/home situation is a fit for the animal you are interested in
- Fill out and return the online Adoption Application to us. This is not a commitment to adopt, but expresses your interest in the animal, helps answer some basic questions, and allows us to start a conversation with you. We generally require an adoption application before setting up a meet and greet.
- Arrange for a meet and greet with the animal you are interested in
- If you are renting, you must supply a copy of the rental agreement verifying that you are allowed to have a pet(s).
- Arrange for a home check
- Complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee
- You must be able to complete all of the steps in our adoption process, including be able to have all members of your household meet the prospective adoptee, and have other pets available to meet the prospective adoptee. We do not “hold” animals for adoption.
Tuba City Humane Society Adoption Contract (Please fill out at time of adoption.)
Puppies (under 6 months): $200. (includes microchip)
Older Puppies (6 months – under 1 year): $160. (includes microchip)
Dogs (1 year to 7 years) : $135. (includes microchip)
Senior Dogs (over 7 years) or Special Needs Dogs: $85.
Kittens (under 6 months): $100.
Senior Cats or Special Needs Cats: $50.
Dog kennel and bed available for extra fee. Please inquire if interested.
Adoption fees include veterinary exam, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming, flea/tick preventative, and spay or neuter. Puppies and adult dogs may be microchipped and if so, there is an additional chip fee ($25. or $35. depending on veterinarian charge), which includes registration. The chip fee will be listed in the petfinder detail information for the puppy or dog. Our adoption fees do not cover all of the veterinary costs incurred for each animal. We try to make up the difference by asking for donations to support our ability to continue rescuing animals in need.