Thank you for your interest in our animals that are currently available for adoption. We will work with you to try and find a good match. If you have questions, please contact the person listed in the Petfinder bio for more information.
If you are interested in one of our animals, please fill out and submit the online adoption application, which is automatically emailed to us when you submit it. We will make contact with you soon, within a day or two after your submission. Filling out the adoption application does not obligate you to adopt from us, but it lets us know that you are interested in the animal. The adoption application answers some basic questions, and assists us in starting a conversation with you. We are a small rescue/foster organization with no facility, and we do require an adoption application prior to arranging a meeting.
Steps Towards Adoption
- Think through if your family/home situation is a fit for the animal you are interested in
- Fill out and return the online Adoption Application to us. This is not a commitment to adopt, but expresses your interest in the animal, helps answer some basic questions, and helps us to start a conversation with you. We require an adoption application before setting up a meeting.
- If you have questions, contact the person listed in the bio of the animal you are interested in to get your questions answered. Contact info is listed in the petfinder listing.
- After we receive your adoption application, we will contact you and have a conversation with you about the animal you are interested in
- Arrange to meet the animal you are interested in. All members of the family must be available to meet the animal you are interested in. Also, any other pets must be available to meet the pet you are interested in.
- If you are renting, you must supply a copy of the rental agreement verifying that you are allowed to have a pet(s)
- Arrange for a home check
- Complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee
- You must be able to complete all of the steps in our adoption process, including be able to have all members of your household meet the prospective adoptee, and have other pets available to meet the prospective adoptee. We do not hold animals for adoption, nor do we ship animals for adoption.
Tuba City Humane Society Adoption Contract (Please fill out at time of adoption.)
Puppies (under 6 months): $200. (includes microchip)
Older Puppies (6 months – under 1 year): $160. (includes microchip)
Dogs (1 year to 7 years) : $135. (includes microchip)
Senior Dogs (over 7 years) or Special Needs Dogs: $85.
Kittens (under 6 months): $120.
Older Kittens (6 months – 1 year): $100.
Senior Cats or Special Needs Cats: $50.
Dog kennel and bed available for extra fee. Please inquire if interested.
Adoption fees include veterinary exam, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming, flea/tick preventative, and spay or neuter. Puppies and adult dogs may be microchipped and if so, there is an additional chip fee ($25. or $35. depending on veterinarian charge), which includes registration. The chip fee will be listed in the petfinder detail information for the puppy or dog. Our adoption fees do not cover all of the veterinary costs incurred for each animal. We try to make up the difference by asking for donations to support our ability to continue rescuing animals in need.