Tuba City Humane Society does not have a facility. We exist through a small network of kind individuals who are willing to rescue, foster, transport, and donate to fund the costs of rescue and to support subsidized spay/neuter services by our veterinary partner in Tuba City, Dr. Carol Holgate, of Desert View Veterinary Clinic.
We rely on your support to be able to continue rescuing animals.
Here are the ways you can help:
PayPal your donation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the donate button, or mail us a check to Tuba City Humane Society, P.O. Box 1016, Tuba City, AZ 86045. Your donations literally allow us to continue to rescue. We are an all-volunteer group. 95%+ of our expenses are veterinary costs. All of the animals who come into our care receive veterinary treatment, through our main service provider, Desert View Veterinary Clinic, or veterinary clinics in Flagstaff.
Foster a Pet in Your Home
We rely on volunteers to foster rescued pets in their home, and help prepare them for adoption, while they also receive necessary veterinary care including vaccinations and spay/neuter surgery.
Tuba City Humane will:
- pay for all veterinary care
- provide supplies
- provide support
- respond quickly to any issues you encounter
- choose which animals to foster
- supply love and care
- help your foster pet learn how to live in a home
- house train a puppy using a crate
- prepare the animal for adoption
- write a bio and take photos and send to us for posting on Petfinder
- help to screen potential adopters and choose the best fit for your foster
- help answer questions of potential adopters
- bring your foster pet to meet and greets with potential adopters
- provide the potential adopter with an adoption application and let them know the adoption fee and adoption process
- that you be 18 or older
- have access to a car
- live in a situation where you have permission to have pets
- be able to safely contain and care for your foster pet
- Follow agreements and protocols, respond quickly to medical issues that may arise, and stay in close communication with us regarding your foster pet
- Help socialize your foster pet to living in a home
Providing foster care helps save lives!
Please fill out the online Volunteer Foster Home form and submit it to us, and we will contact you shortly, or else use this printable form. Once you have been approved, please fill out this Foster Agreement form.
Volunteer to transport animals. We need to transport animals several times a week from Tuba City to Flagstaff, and sometimes to the Phoenix area.
We sometimes need transport help by someone with a truck who can pick up a truckload of donated dog food at Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, UT, and bring it to Tuba City, AZ.
You never know where help will come from. Help spread the word about Tuba City Humane Society and increase awareness of the situation for Rez animals by sharing our posts on Facebook.